Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Generosity

Hi! It's been a while since my last post. I would like to start back by talking about the idea of generosity. What does it mean to you? I don't know about you, but I don't have a lot of money to donate. I wish I did! But I can be generous with encouragement, energy and enthusiasm and information.

I have benefitted from some very generous and successful women in the paper industry, who have shared their time, information and encouragement. I would like to say thank you to all of them! For that reason, I have also shared with others who are starting out in the business. Sometimes it can be difficult to share information with others in the same industry, you might feel like it's helping the competition. I'm not saying to give up your trade secrets by any means, but you can help someone with general information about how the industry works or where to find a certain paper, etc.

I would encourage everyone to mentor a colleague, be a friend, be encouraging, be helpful and be honest. All it takes is a little time and you will be richer for it. I am a strong believer in the old saying "what goes around comes around". So reap what you sew and sew some seeds of generosity.

Feel free to share your thoughts on generosity. I'd love to hear all about it.

Take care!

Jill


2 comments:

lori (aka: marzi) said...

great post jill! i feel the same way. when i started out i had someone who was really generous with me and i vowed i would pass it on. i think it's important and helps you grow in ways you may not expect!

Liz said...

I really enjoyed this post - lots of good advice here!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin