Friday, December 4, 2009

Architectural Salvage

If you're ever looking for creative inspiration, I recommend strolling through your local architectural salvage store. Recently my husband and I made a trip to the White river Architectural Salvage and Antiques store. This store is amazing. They have everything from a Jackson Five Christmas Album to a church confessional booth. You can visit their site here.

I love the architectural elements found outside the building. You just never know when you might need a bust of James Whitcomb.


I personally don't do animal heads, but the rhino just caught my eye as something unusual and the story that might go with it. Makes you wonder, what the interior of the house looked like that had this thing hanging on it's wall?!


They had amazing amounts of fixtures, from sinks, tubs, windows to doors. I loved looking at all the door knobs what an amazing display.


Here are a few more interesting items, bingo balls and a Jackson Five Christmas album.

My favorite thing of all was this clarinet. It was beautiful. My sister and I both played the clarinet in jr. high school, so it's a sentimental favorite too.

2 comments:

Blogging Masterclass said...

Thank you for enrolling in the BYW class, I just had a look at your blog so thank you for sending it to me... now I feel like I know you a bit better. I can't wait to "meet" you in class next month! :)

xo
Holly

Jill said...

Thanks Holly, I'm looking forward to learning a lot and enhancing my blog. Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin